About Dr Friebe
Jamie grew up in Victoria and did his undergraduate medical training at Monash University, being awarded MBBS in 1999. He completed an internship at Geelong Hospital in 2000 and then did a second year at Geelong, which included a six-month obstetrics, gynaecology and paediatrics term.
Jamie did his specialty training in obstetrics and gynaecology at the Royal Women’s Hospital in Melbourne from 2002-2006, including a 12-month rotation in Warrnambool, South West Victoria.
Jamie spent two year at York Hospital in the UK completing his fellowship in obstetrics and gynaecology. This was a very rewarding and productive time, with extended rotations in high-risk obstetrics, maternal-fetal medicine, gynaecological oncology and complex abdominal and pelvic surgery.
Returning to Australia in early 2008, Jamie accepted a consultant position in both public and private hospitals in Warrnambool where he stayed for a further two and a half years before relocating to Brisbane with his wife and two young daughters.
Jamie has a strong commitment to the service aspect of obstetrics and gynaecology and strives to ensure his patients receive high quality care. A large emphasis is on communication, so that patients understand their choices and feel empowered to be involved in the decision making process with Jamie in both an obstetric and gynaecology setting. Consultations are conducted in a friendly and relaxed manner to reduce some of the inevitable anxiety that goes with seeing the gynaecologist.
- 1999 Awarded MBBS Monash University
- 2000-2001 Intern/Resident at Geelong Hospital.
- 2002-2004 Junior Registrar in Training at Royal Women’s Hospital, Melbourne.
- 2004-2005 Registrar, Warrnambool Hospital
- 2005 Awarded Membership of Royal Australian College of Obstetrician and Gynaecologists (MRANZCOG).
- 2006-2008 Senior Registrar, York Hospital, UK.
- 2008 Awarded Fellow of Royal Australian College of Obstetrician and Gynaecologists (FRANZCOG).
- 2008-2010 Consultant in public and private practice, Warrnambool Base Hospital/St John of God Private Hospital Warrnambool.
- August 2010 Commenced private practice North West Private Hospital, Brisbane.