Dr Friebe offers a comprehensive range of services and procedures for common women’s health issues. He also specialises in colposcopy, vulvoscopy, vuval disorders, and operative gynaecology, including laparoscopy, pelvic floor and incontinence surgery.
- Initial investigation with ultrasound, bloods, Pap smear as required.
- Hysteroscopy D+C
- Removal of uterine polyp if required.
- Mirena insertion
- Endometrial ablation.
- Resection/removal of fibroids if required
- Total laparoscopic hysterectomy.
- Initial investigation with ultrasound, swabs, bloods.
- Diagnostic laparoscopy
- Laparoscopic excision of endometriosis/division of adhesions
- Laparoscopic removal of ovarian cysts/other masses
- Laparoscopic removal of ectopic pregnancy
- Surgical repair and correction of utero vaginal prolapse
- Urodynamic investigation in conjunction with Dr Christopher Price.
- Tape procedures for urinary stress incontinence including TVT, TVT-O and TVT Abbrevo.
- Medical management of urinary urge incontinence.
Abnormal Pap Smears
- Colpscopy and biopsy
- In-rooms LLETZ procedure under local anaesthetic for high-grade changes in cells of the cervix.
- Advice on all forms of contraception
- Implanon insertion and removal.
- Mirena insertion and removal
- Tubal ligation.
- Essure procedure.
Vulval itch/irritation and pain
- Vulvoscopy and biopsy where required.
- Treatment of lichen sclerosus, dermatitis, atrophic vaginitis
- Surgical management of Bartholin’s abscesses, vulval/labial abscesses.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome/Menstrual Irregularity
- Primary investigation and work up
- Advice on diet, exercise and dietician referral as necessary
- Period control
- Infertility management (see Infertility services).
Patient Information & Literature
Colposcopy and Vulvoscopy (166 KB)
Hysterectomy (239 KB)
Hysteroscopy and endometrial ablation (176 KB)
Laparoscopy (163 KB)
Prolapse Surgery (204 KB)