Dr Friebe offers a wide range of services with regards to pregnancy management.
- Counselling with regards to pre-existing high-risk medical issues.
- Counselling, appropriate investigation and formulation of a management plan with regards to previous poor or unsatisfactory pregnancy outcomes.
- Booking blood test investigations.
- Dating ultrasound to confirm accurate due dates.
- Counselling and organising screening for Down Syndrome and other chromosomal trisomies. (If amniocentesis or chorionic villus sampling is required, Dr Friebe will arrange referral to an appropriate service.)
- Screening for gestational diabetes and anaemia in pregnancy.
- Ultrasound for cervical surveillance in situations high risk for cervical incompetence.
- Regular check ups to monitor fetal growth and to watch for pre-eclampsia.
- Management of pre-existing medical issues in conjunction with nearby medical specialists if appropriate.
Labour and Childbirth
- Management of spontaneous labour and normal vaginal delivery.
- Induction of labour as required.
- Management of multiple pregnancies.
- Vaginal Birth after Caesarean section.
- Instrumental deliveries (Vacuum and forcep deliveries.)
- Caesarian section, both elective and emergency.
Post Natal Management
- Post natal checks including checks of any stitches etc required after delivery
- Post natal pap smear if due
- Advice and management of any contraception issues postnatally, including insertion of Mirena, Implanon.
Patient Information & Literature
Caesarean Section (164 KB)
Cholestasis of Pregnancy (164 KB)
Gestational Diabetes (166 KB)
High blood pressure and Pre Eclampsia (180 KB)
Induction of Labour (165 KB)
Screening for Chromosomal Abnormalities (338 KB)
Vaginal birth after caesarian section (169 KB)