Learn about obstetrics services offered by Dr Jamie Friebe, including
- Counselling with regards to pre-existing high-risk medical issues.
- Counselling, appropriate investigation and formulation of a management plan with regards to previous poor or unsatisfactory pregnancy outcomes.
- Booking blood test investigations.
- Dating ultrasound to confirm accurate due dates.
- Counselling and organising screening for Down Syndrome and other chromosomal trisomies. (If amniocentesis or chorionic villus sampling is required, Dr Friebe will arrange referral to an appropriate service).
- Screening for gestational diabetes and anaemia in pregnancy.
- Ultrasound for cervical surveillance in situations high risk for cervical incompetence.
- Regular check-ups to monitor foetal growth and to watch for pre-eclampsia.
- Management of pre-existing medical issues in conjunction with nearby medical specialists if appropriate.
Labour and Childbirth
- Management of spontaneous labour and normal vaginal delivery.
- Induction of labour as required.
- Management of multiple pregnancies.
- Vaginal Birth after Caesarean section.
- Instrumental deliveries (Vacuum and forcep deliveries).
- Caesarean section, both elective and emergency.
Post Natal Management
- Post natal checks including checks of any stitches etc. required after delivery.
- Post natal pap smear if due.
- Advice and management of any contraception issues postnatally, including insertion of Mirena or Implanon if requested.
Cell Care – Cord blood and tissue collection
Storing your baby’s stem cells for the future.
Stem cells from cord blood and cord tissue are amongst the most flexible and potent in the human body. At birth, these powerful stem cells can be collected and preserved for potential future use. If they are not collected, they are discarded as medical waste.
As the only opportunity to collect cord blood and tissue is at birth, we recommend expectant parents consider their stem cell storage options well in advance of their due date. Below is an introduction to cord blood and tissue storage to assist your education. For further details, we recommend downloading a stem cell storage information pack from Cell Care, Australia’s largest and most experienced cord blood and tissue bank.
If it is decided by the couple that cord blood and tissue will be collected after birth and stored by Cell Care, this can be collected by Dr Friebe. Should delivery of the baby occur on a weekend, and Dr Friebe is being covered by one of his colleagues, then each of these doctors will happily collect cord blood and tissue as required.